Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013


Welcome One And All To The Year 2013.  If you're reading this, then you've made it to another year.

In 2012:


I paid for myself to fly to the United States for 4 weeks. I have a friend who lives there, that I hadn't seen in about 7 years.






I flew to San Francisco on May 12th. We stayed in San Fran for a few days and looked around. We went shopping and went for a walk down to the shoreline.







Then flew to Salt Lake City and drove to his place in Blackfoot, Idaho.

It was awesome to see his home town and to meet his family.







During my stay, we drove to Washington State for the weekend to visit his mom and her partner.
They took us for a day trip to Seattle. That was a great day and a beautiful city. 




 Once back in Idaho, we drove up to Yellowstone Nation Park, back through Jackson Hole and back to Blackfoot. I can honestly say that was my favourite day of 2012. Such an amazing day. 
The picture above is of 'Old Faithful' - a cone geyser.

To the left, Yellowstone National Park.

 Went went moose hunting (looking for moose), but were unsuccessful, until; we were on our way home, all of a sudden my mate screams 'MOOSE' and slams on the breaks.

There was a moose on the other side of the road, just standing there and eating.

We got out of the truck and stood behind it on our side of the road. She was all by herself but we didn't want to get too close. And therefore was unable to take a picture. That was an amazing experience though.

Before my trip ended, we went back to San Fran for a few more days. I flew home on June 10th. I didn't want to leave as I had had an amazing trip, but I knew I would be back.

On October 6th, my older brother got married. I was so happy and honoured to be a bridesmaid for his beautiful, now, wife. They already have two children, so this was an amazing day.

Just a couple of days before my 22nd birthday in September, I reconnected with a friend who lives just outside of Sydney. It was awesome to catch up and I am now planning on moving there early 2014.

I've always wanted to move to another country, but never wanted to move by myself nor had any friends who wanted to move to the same areas as me. This is something that I am really excited about.


All in all, 2012 wasn't a bad year for me. Plans for 2013 you ask? My main goal is to save money and up skill in my current job, get as much knowledge under my belt as I can to help me find an an awesome job I move to Sydney.


Well, that is all for me tonight. Happy New Year Everyone and all the best for 2013.



Rock On
CandyflossandrockNroll

No comments:

Post a Comment